Although a great carpet can feel wonderful underneath your toes, overall carpet is a pretty terrible invention. The obvious and easiest solution to the ails of carpet is to rip it out and replace it with hardwood floors. Here is a list of the top five reasons you should rip out your carpet as soon as possible and replace it with hardwood floors.
1. Carpet is difficult to maintain. One of the worst aspects of having carpet in your home is that it is incredibly expensive and time-consuming to maintain. Carpets collect dirt and accumulate stains, which means they must be vacuumed consistently. And every time you spill something on your carpet you have to be sure to clean it up quickly or the stain will set and will forever be on your carpet. In addition to quickly cleaning up stains and having to vacuum, it is also important to shampoo your carpets regularly. This costs a significant amount of money, because you either have to purchase a carpet shampooer or rent one from a store. If you don’t maintain your carpet in the manner described above, it will accumulate dirt and stains, and look terrible. At some point, it will have to be replaced, which will cost you even more money.
2. Carpet is less valuable. All a person has to do to understand that hardwood floors are thought of as more valuable is search for a house or an apartment online. Virtually identical apartments, one with carpet and one with hardwood floors, will have a vast price discrepancy. People don’t want to have carpets because of the extra work they require, which means that replacing your carpet with hardwood floors will increase the value of your home. You can even choose reclaimed wood, which is typically less expensive, still looks great, and puts less of a strain on the environment.
3. Carpets are less pet friendly. If you are a pet owner, you understand that even the best trained pets in the world will have accidents in your home from time to time. Cleaning up pet stains from carpet is incredibly difficult, costly, and time-consuming.
4. Carpets smell worse. In the same way that carpets are more likely to accumulate dirt and stains than hardwood floors, they are also more likely to accumulate smells. This will leave your house smelling awful. In addition to regular, everyday smells, if you own pets, the odor of your pets will linger in the carpet.
5. Carpets are less aesthetically pleasing. This is along the same lines as item number two. In general, people find hardwood floors more aesthetically pleasing. Carpets just don’t have the same visual appeal as a polished wood floor. Over time, carpets degrade, and their appearance will get worse and worse over the years. Hardwood floors are easier to maintain. There are numerous companies that specialize in refinishing wood floors, so you can always have a hardwood floor that looks great. T&G Flooring is one such hardwood floor refinishing company in Denver that can keep your hardwood floor looking great for years and years.